The monkeys need all of us to help them since they’re still currently being used to help us. Some labs will attempt to fund for 1-3 years of care, but the monkeys need funding for life, and it’s costly for us to ensure the top-notch care they deserve.
But you can help by choosing to donate through one or more of these secure options:
Primates Incorporated is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax-deductible as charitable contributions.
We offer two options for making a one-time tax-deductible donation to Primates Incorporated:
Donate by Mail
PO Box 7384
Madison, WI 53707
When you give a gift of $12 per month or more to Primates Incorporated, you become a member of River’s Club. River was one of our first monkeys at the sanctuary, and his playful personality warmed our hearts until his passing in Spring of 2020. We created River’s Club as a way to honor his legacy so that his spirit will always be part of our community.
As a member, you’ll receive two videos annually of a monkey resident (or pair of residents) of your choosing eating fruit, a subscription to our monthly e-newsletter, and an opportunity to set up a visit to the sanctuary.
Becoming a monthly donor is the best way to support Primates Incorporated because it provides stable, ongoing support to help meet the monkeys daily needs. it also reduces administrative costs so more of your support goes directly to monkey care, and it’s convenient for you.
Your monthly gift will be automatically deducted from your credit card, and you can update or cancel at any time!
1. Click the secure FundHero link, below
2. On checkout page, choose a monthly giving option and turn monthly giving on.
3. We will send you a follow-up email asking which monkey retiree you would like to sponsor as part of River’s Club.
Donate securely via FundHero.
Please consider including Primates Incorporated in your estate planning since we plan to expand our operations to help 100 monkeys over the next twenty years. We will place a plaque on a tree honoring your legacy on the nature trail when we receive a contribution from your will or trust.
Tributes are a great way to leave a legacy and support Primates Incorporated at the same time. And while bricks may not survive forever, they last a really long time. Here at the sanctuary, we install these bricks along the entrance to our private nature trail and along the sanctuary building, where they can be admired and cared for. Add your inscription to one or both sizes of bricks we have available.
Select a size below, click the secure Paypal button, then fill out your brick inscription on the Paypal checkout page.
• 4″ x 8″= $150 (3 lines maximum; 18 characters per line)
• 8″ x 8″= $250 (6 lines maximum; 18 characters per line)
• Sanctuary building (format yet to be determined)= $1,000
Primates Incorporated is always in need of daily items that help enrich our retirees lives, keep them safe and well-fed. Many of these items listed below can also be found on our Amazon Wishlist page. Please consider purchasing and donating items from this list in your charitable giving plans. Thank you!
Capital One Shopping users click here (*Note: Capital One Shopping is a free resource you can use to find additional savings on our needed items: you can create an account or start using it without one.)
If shopping through Amazon Smile, select Primates Incorporated as your charity!
Critical Sanctuary Supplies
- Nitrile gloves
- Shoe covers
- Face shield or protective glasses
- Laundry detergent
- Simple Green cleaner
- Dish soap
Primate Enrichment Items
- Dried fruit
- Unsalted nuts
- Timothy hay
- Natural peanut butter
- Durable chew toys
- Felt blankets
- Straw (sm. square bales for primate beds)
- Playground equipment
- Bamboo plants, fig trees, and banana trees for indoor enclosures
- Raspberry and blackberry plants (for perimeter of property)
- Lettuce, tomato, asparagus, and cucumber plants (for our outdoor gardens)
- Prairie plants (to help maintain our 10-acre prairie land)
- Black dirt (for planting above-ground gardens)
- Untreated lumber (for raised garden beds)
- Gardening tools
- Any enrichment item located here: ottoenvironmental.com/product-category/zoo/exotic-animals/other-animals/
- PVC pipe: 1″ or 1.25″ dia. (for monkey benches)
- Horse fence panel: 2” x 4” mesh opening, 5′ — 16′ length (to construct walkways, culverts)
- Treated lumber (to create monkey climbing structures)
- Playground equipment: new or used (for primate enrichment)
- Durable chain or sisal rope (for hanging hammocks)
- Carabiners (for hanging chain)
- Chainsaw (for felling trees and limbs for monkey climbing structures and land management)