Rock the Monkey Benefit Featuring Patchwork Monkey!
Primates Incorporated improves the quality of life for monkeys retiring from research facilities, private ownerships, and the entertainment industry and will construct an enriching sanctuary in Wisconsin to provide lifetime quality care to monkeys in need of a spacious sanctuary.
We plan to fulfill this mission by:
• Assisting in placing primates at appropriate sanctuaries as rescue scenarios arise
• Promoting primate rescue by recognizing the important work of existing primate sanctuaries
• Researching new funding opportunities, hosting outreach events, expanding our volunteer base, and networking with the community in order to establish an innovative, spacious, and enriching primate sanctuary in southern Wisconsin.
• Collaborating with an advisory board consisting of a combination of professionals with various backgrounds in order to provide the most appropriate accommodations for the primates
• Collecting behavioral information on animals prior to their placement, performing behavioral observations directed at improving their well being, and providing the rehabilitation results to the public via online resources and newsletters
Did You Know?
The 2009 USDA Animal Welfare Report indicates that 70,444 primates are housed in U.S. laboratories, while 53,941 are on standby to be used in research. We don't know how many primates are involved in terminal studies.
What we do know is that there are researchers out there who are planning for the retirement of their primates from research as we speak.
Even if as few as 1% of the primates had a chance at retirement, the handful of primate sanctuaries in the country could not accommodate the primates.
The problem is that it is difficult to find funding to retire monkeys and it takes a lot of effort by both the sanctuaries and researchers to coordinate the retirement of the monkeys.
If funding is not available and/or the primate sanctuary cannot accommodate additional primates, the researcher may get turned down, and then the primates will likely be sold to another study or kept on as breeders.
Primates Incorporated aims to build a sanctuary and serve as a prototype for other communities to establish their own sustainable sanctuaries so that the thousands of primates who have a chance at retirement can finally get the peaceful sanctuary they deserve.
Various Ways to Help Our CauseWe need to raise $600,000 to make the sanctuary a reality!
Donate OnlineDonations can also be sent by mail to: PO Box 7384 Madison, WI 53707 We are an official nonprofit organization, and so donations are tax-deductible as charitable contributions.
Purchase Our Fair Trade CoffeeOur Just Coffee "Upright Blend" is a natural selection of Maya super dark & Colombian coffees for survival of the fittest! $11.00 per 12 oz. bag, $25 bulk 2lb. bag. To order, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buy Our WineOrganic wines from Chile - $7 goes to primates inc! Just click the ad to purchase!
Host a PartyBuy the ingredients to host a dinner party at your place for your friends and family. Ask them to make a donation to Primates Incorporated instead of donating toward the cost of dinner. Your cost to buy the groceries will be a tax deduction and the amount of money you raise will likely be 5-6 times the cost of your groceries. Primates Incorporated will send you a package of promotional materials for your party as well as a tax-deduction thank you letter to you and all of your donors.
Bands - Donate a Portion of Your Show Proceeds Book a show and donate 50% of your proceeds to Primates Incorporated! We will send you the promo materials for the event. Email email@example.com for more info!
Become a Document Editor or Internet ResearcherYou can help us by volunteering 3-5 hours of your time. Please view our Volunteer section to obtain more information. See our Volunteer page for more info.
Latest NewsletterSpring 2013 e-newsletter
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and type "subscribe" in the body of the email. You will be informed of our quarterly progress.